Monday, July 1, 2013

New Years Resolutions: Check-in

Can you believe 2013 is half gone?

I thought it would be fitting to have a mid-way check-in on the 2013 goals I set at the beginning of the year.

1. Learn to Drink
My birthday isn't until next month, so I haven't done this one yet, BUT the plans are in the works! I'll be hitting two different bars in Boston this fall, plus I've officially been invited to my first kegger, AND everyone I work with is completely stoked and determined to get me hammered. Not sure I'll let them (because getting drunk with your coworkers couldn't possibly have any bad ramifications), but it's nice to see them excited with me.

2. Find a Boyfriend
Well.....my big crush just moved back into town. I don't think he's figured it out yet (damn boys and their thick skulls) but I did steal a very nice bear hug upon his arrival.

3. Save Money
I'm slightly strapped for cash this week, thanks to a glitch in the payroll processing system and my car insurance bill showing up, but my savings account is much larger than it was at the beginning of the year. In fact, I've almost doubled my money. Not that I was sitting on a huge pile of doubloons to begin with, but still.

4. Keep Tabs on Money
That went great.....for four months. Then I slacked off. Then I stopped. Now I'm kicking myself. Hopefully I will be able to retrace my steps and key in most of my expenditures thanks to the wonders of online banking, but I know I'm not 100% spot-on.

5. Get Out More
*cough* So. *cough* Yeah. *clearsthroat* How's your dog? I don't have a dog. Mostly because I never get out. My couch and I have been spending plenty of quality bonding time together. Did you know the internet has interesting stuff in it?

What about you? How are your resolutions coming along? Setting any mid-year goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment