Thursday, June 27, 2013

Notes From a Chipotle Virgin: a restaurant review

Guess where I had dinner tonight? Go on, guess! Okay, I'll give you a hint:



 Oh, you're never gonna guess. I'll just tell you:

Chipotle!

<insert oohs and aahs and drooling here>

Although we've had a Chipotle in my town for a good three years now, tonight was the first time I gave it a whirl. The verdict: yum!



I ordered the veggie burrito bowl with brown rice, fajita vegetables, lettuce, cheese, and tomatillo-green chili salsa. To round out the experience I also ordered chips with tomatilo-red chili salsa and a bottle of Izze sparkling blackberry juice. The burrito bowl was absolutely delicious, the chips were a little limey but otherwise good, but the salsa with red chilies was terrible.

My roommate ordered barbacoa (shredded beef) tacos on flour tortillas with lettuce, cheese, and tomatillo-green chili salsa. He told me there wasn't enough cheese for his liking, but since he's a self-professed cheeseaholic I wouldn't let that hold you back.

The entire meal cost us $20, which is a little high for "fast" food, but quite low considering it's healthy, enormously portioned, and the service is great. I assume we'll be revisiting Chipotle again soon....we'll probably also attempt to recreate the burrito bowl at home at some point.

Are you a Chipotle addict? What do you typically order?

No comments:

Post a Comment