Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!


I'm not usually a very thankful person. It's a terrible thing to say, but it's true. I usually go about my life taking everything for granted, or being pessimistic and telling myself nothing is actually worth being happy about.

Today, though, is Thanksgiving. An entire day devoted to gratitude. At least, kind of. It's also devoted to turkeys and pilgrims, but we'll save that for some other time.

Below is my list of the top five things I'm thankful for this year. While it could be much longer and much more complex, these are the things that instantly pop into my head when I think about what I'm grateful for.

5. The Internet
Maybe it makes me a bad person to be thankful for the internet, but it's true. I'm a child of the technological age and I would be completely lost without the internet. I use it to learn, to shop, and to avoid calling people to ask them stupid questions. I will be forever grateful to Al Gore for inventing the internet. :-) 

4. My Job
My job sucks. I hate my job. But no matter how frustrating my job is, I am very glad I have it and the paychecks it provides.

3. My Friends
My friends mean the world to me. They make me happy, they teach me things, and they give me people to care about and spend time with. They keep me from being lonely. I love every single one of them, and I am so thankful they're in my life.

2. My Roommate
Yeah, sure, he's a friend, but I love my roommate enough that he's in a class of his own. He's given me a great place to live, he feeds me, he fixes the bathtub drain, and he lets me use his awesome TV. Without this guy, I'd probably be living in a crappy apartment with a bunch of cockroaches, trying to stay out all night doing stupid things just so I didn't have to go home. 

1. My Brother
The number one thing I am thankful for is my little brother. My brother completely changed my life in the best possible way, and he gave me a reason not to give up on family completely. He's sweet and funny and creative and I couldn't have asked for more.


What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment