Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I Caught a Leprechaun!

This Saint Patrick's Day I kept my celerbation relatively mellow. The only little man I brough home was my brother:



And the only green beverage I consumed was Naked Juice, and no, that isn't frat house terminology.


I told my brother we were eating leprechaun food for dinner. He's still young enough to believe me. What we were actually eating was linguine cooked in green water, pesto, peas, "Green Machine" Naked Juice, and lemon-lime Jello.

My brother and I aren't big on the peas. Neither one of us cleared our plate of the offensive vegetables. My roommate, though, he went back for seconds. Go figure.

As for the Naked Juice, I've heard great things about it, and I figured there was no better time to drink something that looked like swamp water than at our leprechaun meal. Unfortunately, I was not as impressed as I wanted to be, but I was very impressed that my brother actually drank it. I thought it tasted more like banana than anything else, so maybe that was why he was willing to drink algae juice. (Yes, there really is algae in it, along with wheat grass and kiwis and a bunch of other "powerful" ingredients.)

Perhaps next year will be filled with green beer and shenanigans, but for now, I'm happy watching Ice Age and eating Jello with my little leprechaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment